Sunday, September 21, 2008

What is a far-off-place?

I've been back in America for a month now. I don't know if I should continue to write about my experiences and observations now that I'm no longer in a "far-off-place." After all I am just spending another year in Provo studying and working to graduate. I have learned from my summer experience and am trying to get more involved in my weekend life here so that I have more fun and do more exciting things. So far that has worked fairly well for me, a weekend in Bear Lake, an almost weekend to Texas except that Hurricane Ike ruined that for me, and most recently a weekend spent at a cabin in Fremont, somewhere 1.5 hours southeast of Provo. So overall I think I will post the occasional thing that feels fits someway into the topic of my blog, or else maybe I'll just change the topic. For the few of you who actually read it, give me your opinion and that could have a drastic affect on whether or not I continue for the next year.

Until then here's something fun, see how many you can name.

94
Created by OnePlusYou

5 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Um, you should never abandon your blog. It might get sad and start writing mean things about you. Besides, you can be funny... might as well flaunt it.

heidikins said...

I got 109 on my first try, no map looking, no cheating.

I vote keep your blog, you are studying a completely different culture for heaven's sake, you will think of something to write about.

Besides, it's my little inlet into your head, which makes me feel happy.

xox

Sarah said...

nice work...moe than me. I only got 60 something. I'd rock if you didn't have to spell them right, guess I have to go back to the oth grade. :)

Sarah said...

uh that's 8th grade...haha

Aliet said...

so re-reading it more than once... I think a lot of logic shows from between ur words...
You could say Jerusalem is an important place as any other place to a different group of people..

But I think Jerusalem is special - as u later found out - since the people consider it a religious land ... and as you know " Bilad Al-Sham" was the land of prophets...
so it is specially...and unique..

Although it held so many religions together for so long...others used it just as an "excuse" to kill...while some truly believe in its fascinating history!