Monday, March 29, 2010

الشرق الاوسط و اللغة العربية: كيف أحبه

I wouldn't have guessed I'd be back in the Middle East again enjoying all the excitement and flavors of the Arab world. The food, the taxi drivers, the suqs (markets), the history, the pride, the differences from American culture. I love it. Especially the little moments, like when I was finishing eating dinner the other night in a cafe above a great little bookstore where the power went out...unfortunately the power went out for that entire area of the city, fortunately I had finished, paid, and was on my way out helped by the handy little led flashlight built into my Jordanian cell phone (I still wonder why that idea hasn't caught on in the states, considering half the time people end up trying to use their phone as a flashlight just by having a lit screen, why not throw in a tiny led into the top that can be turned on with the push of a button, so much better than the screen).
Pictures pending my return.
مع السلامة

3 comments:

Mikel said...

What are you doing out there?? How long do you get to stay?

Brooke said...

YAY you're alive! Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!

Nate said...

@ Mikel: I've been here for three weeks, and I get another week or so...love it!