Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Year-End Road Trip

As my last final hurrah for 2010, I accompanied my sister on a 28 hour drive from San Antonio to D.C.  The highlight of those endless hours spent driving was the treat of a real southern meal compliments of The Loveless Cafe.  Having lived in the South whenever I have the opportunity to engorge myself in a delicious southern feast, I take it.  Thanks to the Loveless Cafe, I had the best biscuits, macaroni and cheese (Kraft doesn't count), hush-puppies, Southern Greens--complete with hot sauce and spicy vinegar, and fried okra.  There are a few select dishes that would qualify as more southern than these, but these satiate my tongues southern pallet perfectly.
If you are ever passing through Nashville and want something delicious, stop by Loveless and you won't be disappointed.

No comments: