Saturday, February 6, 2010

30 Year Record?


The weather shows keep touting this as the biggest storm in 30 years. Is it? Perhaps. I am surprised by how much snow has managed to fall in the DC area. I didn't think this was possible, but it is and I'm loving it. The best part is the entertainment value I get from the people who all panic at the first mention of being stuck in their homes for a weekend. What happens? The grocery stores sell out of toilet paper, eggs, milk, and meat...seriously? Have you never gone 3-4 days without shopping for milk and eggs? You have. Or Thursday night when Costco was selling out of these things and the line to check out extended to the meat section, yes across the entire length of the store; at least that is what a friend who was there buying lots of food told me. Me, I'll be content without any severe panicking and with the food that already is in my cupboards and fridge.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Way to be prepared :) be safe!