Thursday, February 18, 2010

¿Valentines Day?

I use to be a hopeless romantic. I wrote this poem and thought I would wait to give it to the girl of my dreams....as of 02/14/2010 I decided what's the point in waiting.

My Valentine
Through all these years I’m still amazed
I look to you on those dark days.
To see that smile upon your face,
And hope and wish for your embrace.

When things go bad, when life goes wrong,
I think of you, and now I'm strong.
When dust kicks up and rains pour down.
I can't but smile, where once I frowned.

I can't but laugh, where once I cried.
I can't give up, I only try.
I have in me a hope of life,
Of life with you, my one true bride.

My thoughts they turn me back in time,
Of actions made, of words sublime,
Of things I wished that I had said.
Of happy times, a good life led.

The future lies mid hopes and dreams,
Of life with you, my eyes now gleam.
Of hope that maybe you'll be mine,
In life and death, my valentine.

3 comments:

heidikins said...

How did I miss your hopeless romantic streak? This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

xox

epb said...

you still are a hopeless romantic...he's just sleeping...:)

Just-Another_BeAutIfuLDiSasTer said...

Sooo, umm, Marry Me? LoL, Yea. I really like this one.