Friday, February 5, 2010

Historic Multi-Blogging

Frankfurt Christmas Markets - Dec. 2009:
Since moving away from home in 2001 Christmas always sneaks up on me and I never feel like I'm given the chance to properly prepare for the holiday season. I've spent too much time with school or work to get out and see all of the Christmas prep which brings in the Christmas season. Frankfurt is incredible about making sure everybody experiences all the fluff leading up to Christmas regardless of how busy you are. They have their Christmas Markets which involve a carnival-like atmosphere filled with booths along the main market street serving all sorts of bratwurst, gluhwein, chocolate, candy, and traditional German Christmas ornaments. It was awesome. I've never felt so much in the spirit of Christmas as I did this year.

Obamanologues - Sept. 2009:
A series of monologues written to reflect the changing social perceptions of people in the hindsight of Obama's election to the U.S. Presidency. My initial thought was it would be skewed to a liberal ideology and by the third monologue I was convinced the rest of my evening would result in ideological badgering. I was surprised, there ended up being a good mix of liberal, conservative, and middle-of-the-road common sense monologues about what people expect. If you get the chance to go, do it. It was entertaining, informative, and the talent of many of the performers left me astounded and glad I took the time and paid the money to see. http://www.obamanologues.com/about.html

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yay you are blogging again! :) wait..you went to Frankfurt?? ha I had no idea...